Works to the civil construction stage of the Alpine Events Park Project will kick off in March.
North East Civil Construction (NECC) will begin work at Pioneer Park, Bright, from Tuesday, 14 March and depending on the wet season are expected to conclude by the end of June.
There will be much activity in the park over the next three months, including earth works machinery, fenced off areas and disruption to services and site access.
Council asks for your patience during these much-needed park improvements. In the interest of safety please avoid active work sites and follow the directions of NECC staff and signage.
* Trenching and installation of underground services including stormwater, potable water, power, telecommunications and sewerage.
* Drainage improvements.
* Construction of a sealed carpark behind the grand stand with a capacity of 30+ vehicles.
* Sealed bike path connecting the tennis court end to the existing sealed round that runs around the football oval.
* Hard stand areas for events.
* Grass carpark with an estimated capacity of 350 passenger vehicles located next to the equestrian arena.
* New sealed road joining the football oval road past the equestrian arena, past the tennis courts and finally to Coronation Ave.