Project update - March 2016
- The construction of the new public toilets has commenced and are expected to be completed this month, but will not be opened until the landscape works surrounding them are complete.
- The construction of the foreshore playground picnic shelters, car park and landscape works has commenced and are anticipated to be completed in early April. The retained playground area has received improved drainage and additional softfall and access to this area will be reinstated by Saturday 12 March.
- The fabrication of the new play equipment for the playground is well underway at the artist’s studio, with installation expected by early April.
- Sand play equipment, including a digger and sand play table, has been ordered and is expected to be installed in the new play area in late March.
- Liaise with the Men’s Shed regarding fabrication and installation of a seating platform at the Foreshore playground.
- Investigate interest in a new home for the old slide.
- Determine the appropriate relocation of fitness equipment.
- Kerb works have now been completed in Park Street and will be completed in Kiewa Crescent and Lakeside Avenue by Friday 11 March. Kerb and invert works will then continue in Hollonds Street and are anticipated to be completed by 18 March.
- Asphalting works will occur between 16 – 23 March.
- Demolition of the kerb outstand barriers and tree guards in Hollonds Street will occur progressively, as the contractors move along Hollonds Street.
- Concrete wheel stops will be installed at each tree in Hollonds Street and at every carpark on the south side of Kiewa Crescent.
- Installation of the porous paving around the trees will follow the asphalt installation.
- The construction of the town centre landscape works has commenced. Works are largely complete in the Park Street reserve. The landscape contractors are following behind the civil contractors and are anticipated to be completed by the end of March.
- The fabrication of the custom street furniture is underway at the artist’s studio. Installation of the seating platforms is expected prior to Easter. The bicycle racks, signage and outstand barriers will follow and are anticipated to be installed by mid-April.
- The fabrication of the new play equipment for the Park Street reserve playground is well underway at the artist’s studio, with installation expected before Easter.
- Renovation of the timber seats will be undertaken by our maintenance crew by mid-April.
- Investigate improvements to public bins and street lighting in the Town Centre.
- Investigate the cost of supply and installation of a drinking fountain in the Town Centre.